What is Conflict Ministry?
Ministry of peacemaking, reconciliation and healing
More than reaching mutual agreements, Gateways Pastoral Resources facilitates Christ-centered principles and practices to:
- Achieve collaborative resolutions to conflicts and disputes rather than adversarial, alienating, and fragmenting solutions
- Recognize the dignity and rights and desire for justice and understanding of each party of a conflict
- Reconcile with ourselves and with others
- Reduce negative, destructive, alienating harm and suffering from unresolved conflict and disputes
- Establish positive, constructive, and humanizing ways to make peace through Gospel teachings and values
- Emphasize a new future of living and working together, honoring personal differences—moving on with life
- Free the heart, mind and spirit of the participants to heal from the wounds created during conflict
Position both parties for resolving the present conflict, for personal growth, and effective, healthy parish leadership or membership
All of us know how many ways ancient wounds and lingering resentments can entrap individuals and stand in the way of communication and reconciliation. The same holds true for relationships between peoples. In every case, mercy is able to create a new kind of speech and dialogue.
I would like to invite all people of good will to rediscover the power of mercy to heal wounded relationships and to restore peace and harmony to families and communities.