Pastor Transition Guide
Gateways Pastoral Resources provides the new pastor a Pastor Transition Guide, a customized “lay of the land” report which provides extensive information, data, and insights about the parish.
The Pastor Transition Guide is a state-of-the-parish snapshot, a comprehensive, balanced, informative resource summarizing the parish’s:
- Worship and sacrament traditions and practices
The Pastor Transition Guide can also include:
- Key expectations, essential actions, priorities, needs of the parish and pastor
- History of the pastoral role: how it has evolved, succeeded, and struggled
- Current parish initiatives, challenges, and opportunities
- Cultural norms—the way things actually are and how they really get done in the parish
- Socio-economic and cultural/ethnic parish demographics
- Current administrative and operational issues needing attention
- Critical relationships and political dynamics
- Recommended time table for suggested meetings, essential partnership, and staff development
- Directory of key internal and external contacts
The intent of the Pastor Transition Guide is to be customized and available for the incoming pastor 30 days in advance of the scheduled transfer date.